Saturday, October 13, 2007

The final streatch of the ocean


Well mates, its the final streatch of the ocean to cross. No doubt there'll be storms and compeition from the other ships about. Its time to see what sailing this streatch of the ocean will do. I can only pray and hope that my health, both mental and physical maintains as the fair wind blows.


Sometimes the day's work, though not plenty is enough to send me scurrying below deck by 8 in the night. Not a pleasant thing to do considering the amount of workload left to complete but the brain refuses to budge.


Even when below deck.... sleep eludes me. There's too much to do which my brain can't do without giving a bloomin' headache bad enough to make me THINK of taking my painkillers which I assure you, is something that hasn't happened much before though its happening more often this year.


But these past two years have been one of self discovery. I've gotten more comfortable with staying in my own shoes than trying to put on others. I've learnt more about the human nature than anywhere else. I've also decided that I wish to enter the education system. I've thought about it for a long while, for the past 5 years or so actually, thinking of other things before I realised that I enjoyed teaching. It is often my subconcious which knows more than my concious, looking at my activities, I love to teach though I wasn't too sure about it myself. I suppose teaching runs in my family. My grandmother taught in the school for the deaf, my mother taught geography, her sister is currently teaching in a christian school. Oh well c'est la vie!


I just hope I won't snap, or lose the wind that fills the sails at the last minute. But this is life, and without risks, it doesn't seem like living. You don't live life without risking.


Wooden Nickle, an online friend of mine shared this with the community:

To Risk
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool,
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas, your dreams, before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair,
To try at all is to risk failure.


But risk must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. If you risk nothing, and do nothing, you dull your spirit. You may avoid suffering and sorrow, but you cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, and live.


Chained by your attitude, you are a slave.

You have forfeited your freedom.

Only if you risk, are you free.

There is some truth in his words.

To end it off, I shall leave the words of my favourite poem. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost. After all for a student...there's miles (of textbooks and revision papers) to go before I sleep.



Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home