Thursday, December 06, 2007

Finally its over

I am glad to say that the As are finally over and so is Prom Night. It was one of the nicest nights ever, the food was good and I especially liked the roast chicken which was roasted to how a duck would normally be roasted. My application to be a relief teacher has been approved after some delay due to medical issues and I'm flying off to Penang this Friday. I've gotten a Nintendo DS lite as well, its pink so the boys wont touch it :D Nicholas and I have gotten back together and everything seems to be all going nice and smooth. Fair winds for now I guess, I'd enjoy it while I can then.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's fair winds for the world itself, especially those in America. A shooting has been carried out at Westroads Mall in America. The gunman said he wanted to go out in style and was going to be famous. Infamous would be a better term I suppose. It makes you wonder then what the world is coming to, where people are tempted to do evil just to get attention... The work of affluenza I suppose. Quite a number of Americans have been on television and the number increases every year. Guess thats one way to end up on television.
Growing up watching cartoons, I was under the impression that America was a nice place where people could pretty much do or say whatever they want. As I grew up, I learnt more about it, the more my impression changed about America. True it is a place where freedom of speech exist, and freedom of religion and all those things but they end up being really...really... screwed up. Pardon the language. They may have freedom of speech, and if its through the media, they'd have to be politically correct, otherwise they may be hounded by the public.
For a country founded under One God, they're trying to remove such references so as not to cause tension between the different religions. Speaking of religion, the new film coming up The Golden Compass is undergoing some controvacy due to it being based on a book about "killing God" so said the author. Some Christian schools are pulling the books off the shelf, although I'm not sure if there has been a call to prevent the movie from being shown in certain areas. I already know some of my Christian friends are being turned off by the movie due to its background. Me? I'm just more curious than anything.
I've also noticed that more people seem to be more concerned about children in third world countries rather than the homeless out on the streets. It just confuses me really, that people can care more for people whom they never have met and probably never will meet, and worry about them more than the homeless in the streets of America. However, it must also be noted that there are programmes to help the homeless in America, but I'm just wondering where the sympathies of the American people lie: With their people or others?
I guess I'm out of things to say for the time being. This is the Captain signing off.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home